VITAM is a 5-years programme led by the Ministry of the Interior of the french Government. It aims at designing and providing an application to archive electronic data of the french administration.
VITAM has been created to answer three ministries' needs: the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Culture.
For the maintenance of its Tuleap instance, VITAM subscribes to Tuleap Enterprise by Enalean.
Frédéric BREGIER, Technical Director of VITAM, gave a talk about this major project at the TuleapCon last October.
Challenges of VITAM project
- developing an application to store and manage about 100 billions of documents of any type (simple texte or tables files, 3D images, videos...)
- implementing the Scrum method for several small teams.
Why choosing Tuleap as the cornerstone
After many many tests of other tools, the VITAM programme selected Tuleap for several reasons:
- Tuleap is a Libre software
- it provides both tools for documentation -wikis-, tools for software development and tools for support -trackers-
- Tuleap enables to manage several projects in parallel
"Now, using Tuleap, the partners of the Vitam programme are able to work together and manage their Scrum projects." underlignes Frédéric.